Houston is an international hub. Not only are people relocating to Houston because of its low cost of living, lucrative job market, and property investment opportunities, our own residents are also looking to purchase homes abroad.
HAR International wants to help you and your client with the tools needed to relocate to Houston from other parts of the world and to find the perfect international vacation property.
Our mission is to “help our HAR Members increase their knowledge and activity in the International Real Estate arena”. We do this through our website and educational seminars and events.
What is Area 82?
It is a section of our MLS that houses international properties. You must be an MLS member to enter your international listings in Area 82.
How do you become an International Member?
HAR International is a service to our members. There is no additional cost to belong to HAR International. All you need to do is designate yourself as a multi-cultural/multi-lingual real estate agent in your member portal and you will then appear in HAR’s International REALTOR® Finder and get notified about upcoming International classes and events.
Did you know?
- The NAR definition of an international or foreign client refers to two types of clients:
- Non-resident foreigners (Type A): Non-U.S. citizens with permanent residences outside the United States. These clients typically purchase property as an investment, for vacations, or other visits of less than six months to the United States.
- Resident foreigners (Type B): Non-U.S. citizens who are recent immigrants (in the country less than two years at the time of the transaction) or temporary visa holders residing for more than six months in the United States for professional, educational, or other reasons.
- HAR currently has 16 forms available in Spanish in the tools area of the site under forms manager?
- HAR form 301 is an international listing agreement created by the 2017 HAR International Advisory Group you can use with sellers of property in foreign lands? It will soon be translated to Spanish.
- Area 82 is where you can input listings from other countries? You need to have the same paperwork signed as you would for a local Houston listing.
- You can search for agents who speak one of 101 languages listed or specialize in a certain culture by using the Find a Pro search engine on HAR.com?
HAR International in numbers
- 6,995 HAR Multi-Cultural Real Estate Agents
- 101 Languages spoken by our HAR International Members
- 148 International listings currently on Area 82
- 6 Languages international listings can be translated to: Chinese, French, German, Italian, Vietnamese, and Spanish.