While serving on the HAR Board of Directors is a rewarding experience, there are also expectations that come along with it.
Board Member Responsibilities Include:
- Attendance at HAR board meetings (must attend at least 75%), which are usually held on the third Monday of each month
- Attendance at the annual strategic leadership conference, which will be held in Galveston on Sept 29 – Oct 1 to help shape the Association’s direction for the upcoming year
- A commitment to invest in TREPAC
- Serve as an ambassador of the Association to promote HAR’s products, tools and services and provide information to your firm and the real estate community at large
- Participation in HAR activities throughout the year
If you are prepared to commit your time, talents and passion to make a difference by being a part of HAR’s leadership team and meet all of the eligibility requirements, today is the day to apply for one of the HAR director positions. To submit your candidacy, you must go to www.har.com/director2022 and complete the Director Candidacy Notification Form and the Candidate Questionnaire by Monday, June 14 at 5 p.m.
You may also submit a candidate video to accompany your profile by following the video guidelines found HERE.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
HAR Bylaws – Article XI – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 3.D. The candidate receiving the highest number of votes in each Director position category shall be declared elected for a two year term. If there are more director candidates from the same firm who are elected than are eligible to serve, the elected candidate(s) receiving the most votes among such elected candidate(s) from the same firm shall be elected. Such candidates elected are sometimes referred to herein as Directors-Elect. In case of a tie in any Director position in the election, the selection shall be made by lot.
Section 5. ELIGIBILITY. Any member in good standing whose dues have been paid as of April 30 of the current year may seek election to the Board of Directors for a Director position category specified in Section 2 for which he or she is eligible; provided, however, a Past President/Chairman shall not be eligible to seek election to the Board of Directors. A Member may only seek election to the Board of Directors from one category of Director positions. No single firm can have more than two directors on the Board of Directors at any time; provided, however, this limitation shall not apply to Officers and elected directors with changed circumstances as described in Section 4. If a single firm will have the maximum number of directors serving during the year following an election, no member from such firm will be eligible to seek election to the Board of Directors. If a candidate is no longer eligible to seek the director position in the category for which they are running at any time before the election concludes at 5 p.m. on the first Monday in August, such candidate will not be eligible for election.
Candidate Category Description
For each option, ONE (1) director shall be elected for a two-year term
LARGEST FIRMS (firms having 220 or more REALTOR® Members)
LARGE FIRMS (firms having 25-219 REALTOR® Members)
MEDIUM FIRMS (firms having 5-24 REALTOR® Members)
SMALL FIRMS (firms having 4 or fewer REALTOR® Members)
COMMERCIAL MEMBERS REALTOR® Members primarily
engaged in Commercial Real Estate (51% or more of your business)
REALTOR® Members, Life Members, Institute Affiliate Members or Affiliate Members having his or her office location in one of the following geographic areas: (Southwest and Northwest Districts to be elected in alternate years)
A) Northeast District: The area between IH-45 North. Loop 610 and IH-10 East;
B) Southeast District: The area between IH-10 East.
Loop 610 and SH 288 South;
C) Central District: The area within Loop 610
Candidates seeking election to a position on the HAR Board of Directors shall:
- Not state or imply that HAR supports or endorses your election in any manner.
- Not use HAR’s trademark or logo in any campaign materials.
- Identify on any campaign materials the person or entity responsible for its publication.
- Not allow the automated texting of campaign materials to any member unless the candidate has the member’s written consent to receive such a text in compliance with applicable federal law such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.“campaign materials” means any information about you or the election disseminated in any manner to another person or entity.
HAR Campaign and Election Guidelines for a Director Position
If you have any other questions about video production or how to submit your video, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your video to email@example.com by Monday, June 14 at 5 p.m.
IMPORTANT DATES to Remember
Monday, June 14, at 5 p.m. Deadline to Complete and Submit Candidate Notification Form, Candidate Questionnaire and Candidate Video
Sept 29 – Oct 1 SLC (Strategic Leadership Conference)
Dec 15 Realtor® Celebration
OCTOBER 13-14 HAR Virtual Engage