The property search engine Home Finder on HAR.com is the most widely used feature on the website. The listing detail pages on HAR.com were viewed more than 13,900,000 times in March 2011 alone. The average number of homes viewed by a visitor to HAR.com is 12 detail pages.
We value our members’ and consumer feedback and are constantly trying to improve HAR.com to enhance the user experience.
New Search Criteria Added to Search Forms
The following search criteria has been added to the property search forms on HAR.com:
- Green Certification: Consumers can search for homes that have received a green certification. The green certification designates that the home builder has met certain standards of energy efficiency when constructing a new home.
- Financing Available: Consumers can now search for properties that have the following financing options available: Owner Finance, Lease/Purchase, Seller to Contribute to Buyer’s Closing Costs, Affordable Housing Program.
- Yard: This criteria filters out single family homes and/or townhouses that have a side or back yard.
- Rooms Available: Consumers can now search for properties that have the following rooms available: Media Room, Study, Garage Apartment/Guest House
- Homes For Lease: Consumers can how search for residential leases by the lease terms (Six Months, Lease/Purchase, Short Term, One Year, Long Term, Section 8) and for residential leases that are furnished.
Listing Inventory on HAR.com to Include ‘Pending’ Status
The listing inventory on HAR.com will now include listings in the MLS system that are in ‘pending’ status. We previously only made available to the public listings that were in the following status: active, option pending, and pending continue to show.
Promotion of Social Media and External Links on Listings
Because of the constant evolvement of the Internet and now social media, REALTORS® can no longer rely on a single website to mark their web presence and capture the Internet consumer. REALTORS® are now having to maintain a website, a Facebook page, a blog, their tweets, a newsletter and so on. To help you promote your multiple social media sites to the consumer on HAR.com, you can now include links to these sites on the property detail page of your listings if you so choose. This action will also assist HAR in its goal of helping its members provide more relevant information to consumers.
Our goal is to make HAR.com’s Home Finder the most comprehensive property search to engage consumers and convert this engagement into leads for our members.