Every year for at least the last five, HAR has offered an important course, the “At Home with Diversity Certification” course. This one-day class covers training and tools agents need to grow their business in a diverse setting, like Houston. Learn about the people that make up your local market, along with their customs, values, real estate needs and most importantly, what expectations they have of you, their REALTOR®.
This course specifically addresses development of cross-cultural communication skills, fair housing issues and business planning. It also teaches you to transact business in culturally competent ways.
“Never before has this class, At Home With Diversity, been so relevant to the current events. We Realtors are in a leadership position to use Fair Housing laws and NAR’s Code of Ethics to help eliminate the underlying racism that unfortunately still exists in this country. Sign up today for this class and let us do our part.” HAR Course instructor: Richard P. Miranda, MBA, CIPS, ABR, CNE, SMP, SRS
It is approved for 8 TREC credit hours, the investment is $49 (normally $99) and will be offered online in July and in September. Visit www.har.com/edu to register.
JUL 14 • 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. • Online Course • REGISTER HERE
Information from the NAR website:
HOW TO EARN THE AT HOME WITH DIVERSITY CERTIFICATION:
- Be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Complete NAR’s At Home with Diversity course
- Upon course completion, receive email with link to submit the application fee. Pay one-time application fee in the amount of $75 to become certified.
- No annual certification dues (except for maintained membership in NAR).
- International REALTORS® must maintain membership in NAR as an International REALTOR® Member by paying annual dues of $75