The 18th Annual Commercial Real Estate Course moves to Norris Conference Center at CityCentre in 2015; the course was previously held at South Texas College of Law in Houston’s Central Business District.
Also changing days this year, the MCE-credit course will be conducted on Monday, Oct. 19, and Tuesday, Oct. 20. Planned with commercial real estate practitioners in mind, this two-day course provides vital information including current developments, important legal issues, and the economic setting with trends and projections for the Houston area. The course is offered in cooperation with Commercial Gateway/HAR, CCIM Gulf Coast Chapter and Wilson Cribbs & Goren PC.
Attendees will hear from numerous commercial real estate industry and legal experts including:
- Dr. James Gaines, Research Economist focused on housing and land development for the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University, who will provide the Texas real estate forecast for 2016.
- Sam Scott, director of Commercial Gateway and Information Services for the Houston Association of REALTORS®, and Gerald Klassen, the Research Data Scientist at the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M, will provide high-tech insight for real estate professionals.
- State Representative Jim Murphy will provide a 2015 Legislative Update for real estate implications.
- Office space trends will be provided by Steve Burkett, JLL’s Executive Vice President in Houston, and Bob Parsley, Colliers International’s Houston Co-chairman and Principal.
- Bruce Rutherford, JLL’s International Director, will provide the outlook for the world’s energy capital.
- Kirk Laguarta with Land Advisors Organization and Jeff Lokey, NewQuest Properties’ Executive Vice President, will offer insight into urban land markets.
- Legal updates will be provided by several leading real estate attorneys including Reid Wilson, Managing Shareholder, Wilson, Cribbs & Goren, PC; Larry Nettles, Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP; and Ron Walker, former staff attorney with the Texas Association of REALTORS® and the Texas Real Estate Commisson, among others.
Commercial Gateway, the commercial division of the Houston Association of REALTORS®, is hosting the end-of-day reception on Monday with Representative Jim Murphy.
The Commercial Real Estate Course provides 15 MCE hours, nine elective hours plus six legal hours, required by TREC including TREC-mandated legal and ethics courses.