While serving on the HAR Board of Directors is a rewarding experience, there are also expectations that come along with it.
Board Member Responsibilities Include:
- Attendance at Board meetings: Any Director failing to attend any four regular meetings of the Board of Directors with or without excuse in any calendar year shall automatically be removed from the Board of Directors.
- Attendance at the annual strategic leadership conference, which will be held in Galveston to help shape the Association’s direction for the upcoming year.
- A consideration to invest in TREPAC.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Association to promote HAR’s products, tools and services and provide information to your firm and the real estate community at large
- Participation in HAR activities throughout the year.
If you are prepared to commit your time, talents and passion to make a difference by being a part of HAR’s leadership team and meet all of the eligibility requirements, today is the day to apply for one of the HAR director positions. To submit your candidacy, you must go to www.har.com/director2023 and complete the Director Candidacy Notification Form and the Candidate Questionnaire by Monday, June 13 at 5 p.m.
You may also submit a candidate video to accompany your profile by following the video guidelines found HERE.
IMPORTANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
HAR Bylaws – Article XI – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 3.D. The candidate receiving the highest number of votes in each Director position category shall be declared elected for a two year term. If there are more director candidates from the same firm who are elected than are eligible to serve, the elected candidate(s) receiving the most votes among such elected candidate(s) from the same firm shall be elected. Such candidates elected are sometimes referred to herein as Directors-Elect. In case of a tie in any Director position in the election, the selection shall be made by lot.
Section 5. ELIGIBILITY. Any member in good standing whose dues have been paid as of April 30 of the current year may seek election to the Board of Directors for a Director position category specified in Section 2 for which he or she is eligible; provided, however, a Past President/Chairman shall not be eligible to seek election to the Board of Directors. A Member may only seek election to the Board of Directors from one category of Director positions. No single firm can have more than two directors on the Board of Directors at any time; provided, however, this limitation shall not apply to Officers and elected directors with changed circumstances as described in Section4. If a single firm will have the maximum number of directors serving during the year following an election, no member from such firm will be eligible to seek election to the Board of Directors. If a candidate is no longer eligible to seek the director position in the category for which they are running at any time before the election concludes at 5 p.m. on the first Monday in August, such candidate will not be eligible for election.
Candidate Category Description
For each option ONE (1) director shall be elected for a two-year term. Candidate eligibility is based on association records on April 30, 2022.
- LARGEST FIRMS (firms having 220 or more REALTOR® Members)
- LARGE FIRMS (firms having 25-219 REALTOR® Members)
- MEDIUM FIRMS (firms having 5-24 REALTOR® Members)
- SMALL FIRMS (firms having 4 or fewer REALTOR® Members)
- COMMERCIAL MEMBERS REALTOR® Members primarily engaged in Commercial Real Estate (51% or more of your business)
REALTOR® Members, Life Members, Institute Affiliate Members or Affiliate Members having his or her office location in one of the following geographic areas: (Southeast and Northeast Districts to be elected in alternate years)
A) Northwest District: The area between IH-45 North. Loop 610 and IH-10 West;
B) Southwest District: The area between IH-10 West Loop 610 and SH 288 South;
C) Central District: The area within Loop 610
HAR CAMPAIGN AND ELECTION GUIDELINES FOR A DIRECTOR POSITION
Candidates seeking election to a position on the HAR Board of Directors shall:
- Not state or imply that HAR supports or endorses your election in any manner.
- Not use HAR’s trademark or logo in any campaign materials.
- Identify on any campaign materials the person or entity responsible for its publication.
- Not allow the automated texting of campaign materials to any member unless the candidate has the member’s written consent to receive such a text in compliance with applicable federal law such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.“Campaign materials” means any information about you or the election disseminated in any manner to another person or entity.
IMPORTANT DATES to Remember
- AUGUST 24-26: SLC (Strategic Leadership Conference) Galveston
- OCTOBER 14: HAR Engage
- DECEMBER 15: REALTOR® Celebration
Voting for the annual election will begin on July 26 and conclude at 5 p.m. on Monday, August 1, 2022.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org | 713 629-1900 ext. 1222