Believe it or not we are now only a few months away from the November 2, 2021, local elections. In our area, elections will be held in the Woodlands Township, Missouri City, and other smaller municipalities.
Registering to vote is an important first step in the voting process. Anytime someone changes their residence, even if it is within the same county, they will need to either register to vote or update their current voting information. It is important to let your clients know how to register to vote, especially those moving from outside of the Houston area. Doing this will help your clients avoid showing up to the polls to vote without being properly registered.
If you do not live in an area with a local election happening this November, it is still a good time to register to vote as the 2022 Primary Election is currently scheduled for March 1, 2022. The deadline to register to vote in the November 2, 2021 election is October 4.
How to Register to Vote
In Texas, we do not have online voter registration so anyone looking to register to vote will need to fill out a voter registration application and mail it to your county clerk or elections administrator. Visit the following links to request a voter registration application, update your name or address or confirm your registration status.
- Harris County: https://voterregistration.harrisvotes.com/Voter/Registration#RegistertoVote
- Fort Bend County: https://www.fortbendcountytx.gov/government/departments/county-services/elections-voter-registration/voter-registration
- Montgomery County: https://elections.mctx.org/vapp.asp
- Brazoria County: https://www.brazoriacountyclerk.net/departments/elections/voter-registration
- Galveston County: https://www.galvestoncountytx.gov/our-county/tax-assessor-collector/voter-registration