May 7 Local Election & May 24 Primary Runoff Election HAR Recommended Candidates
The month of May will be a very busy one for elections in the State of Texas. First, on May 7, municipalities across the state will hold elections. In the greater Houston area, elections will be held in Conroe, Pearland, and Sugar Land as well as in many other school districts and cities. Also, on the ballot on May 7 will be two statewide proposed constitutional amendments of which voters will have the chance to approve or strike down. The early voting period for local elections will be from April 25 through May 3.
Next up on May 24 will be the primary runoff elections. In Texas, if a county, state or federal candidate does not earn more than 50% of the vote, the top two vote-getters move on to a runoff election. The early voting period for the primary runoff elections will be May 16through May 20.
Check out HAR’s recommended candidates for both upcoming elections below and for more information, visit your corresponding county website.
May 7 Local Elections
- John Hernandez – City Council Place 3
- Raymond McDonald – City Council Place 4
- Susan Johnson – City Council Place 5
- Luke Orlando – City Council Position 1
- Jeff Barry – City Council Position 6
- Joe Zimmerman – Mayor
- William Ferguson – City Council At-Large Position 1
- Jennifer Lane – City Council At-Large Position 2
Proposition 2 – Vote FOR to increase the homestead exemption from $25,000 to $40,000. More information can be found online at www.texansforprop2.com
May 24 Primary Runoff Elections
- Neeta Sane (D) – Fort Bend County Commissioner Pct. 4
- Suleman Lalani (D) – Texas House District 76
For more election information visit…