By earning a professional designation or certification you have the opportunity to gain advanced training in a specialty area, as well as to increase your bottom line.
According to data from the 2013 NAR Member Profile, the median income of REALTORS® with at least one designation was nearly $27,600 more than the income of those with no designation.
And in a market where increased marketability and differentiation are key, there’s never been a better time to educate oneself to serve today’s consumer.
The ABR® Designation: for Real Estate Professionals that Want to Represent the Needs of Homebuyers During the Real Estate Transaction
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) to REALTORS® who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients. When you decide to earn your ABR®, you gain:
- Valuable real estate education that elevates your skills and knowledge in the eyes of home buyers.
- Ongoing specialized information, programs and updates that help you stay on top of the issues and trends associated with buyer representation.
- Access to members-only benefits such as marketing tools and resources,which provide an additional competitive edge for ABR® designees.
Become a Buyer’s Best Friend
Class: ABR (Accredited Buyer’s Representative)
Date(s): November 2-4
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: HAR Central
Cost: $299 for HAR Members • $309 for Non-Member (This fee includes the 3rd elective day.)
Addtl: This course is approved for 24 hours of MCE.
(Provider Number 0001,16-00-093-18426) -Additional requirements may be required to earn the CNE. Please confirm your eligibility.
ABR® Member Benefits
The ABR® designation provides many membership benefits to help your business and network grow. Here are just a few:
- Customizable Marketing Tools – including postcards, ads, logos, and consumer handouts
- The Home Buyer’s Toolkit – a handy guide to walk consumers through the home-buying process and encourages them to work with an ABR®
- Consumer One-Sheets – free, printable handouts on topics to address in a buyer-counseling session or while working with buyer-clients
- ABR® Print Shop – allows members to customize, order, and mail marketing materials conveniently online
Online Referral Database – helps you pinpoint additional referral opportunities
- ABR® Network – ask questions, share expert advice and more on the members-only online networking community
- A Home Buyer’s Seminar Guide – gives instructions on how to plan and present your own home buyer’s seminar
- ABR® Designation Facebook App – allows you to showcase your designation to prospective buyers on Facebook
The SRES® Designation: For Real Estate Professionals that Want to Stand Out in a Boomer’s Market
Baby Boomers represent the largest and wealthiest group of buyers and sellers in the country. Understand what motivates this growing market and how to address their needs with the prestigious SRES® designation.
This two-day training program offers real estate professionals the unique opportunity to learn and build key skills in counseling adults age 50+ through selling their family home, buying rental property, moving to a senior community, among many other issues. Seniors Real Estate Specialists® learn how to:
- Identify the power of generational demographics
- Develop and maintain relationship marketing skills
- Counsel rather than sell to seniors
- Understand the implications of tax laws, probate and estate planning
Represent Senior’s with Ease
Class: Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
Date(s): November 3-4
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: HAR Montgomery County (This course is a
remote video conference course with TAR)
Cost: $179 for HAR Members
Addtl: This course is approved for 15 hours of MCE
(Provider Number 0001• TREC 15-00-027-28190) -Additional requirements may be required to earn the CNE. Please confirm your eligibility.
SRES® Member Benefits
The SRES® Council provides valuable information and tools available to its members, with new enhancements added periodically:
- Customizable Marketing Tools including postcards, ads, logos and consumer brochures
- SRES® Consumer Website – explains the designation and why it is important for consumers to work with an SRES® (sres.org)
- Customizable Monthly Newsletters – target home buyers and sellers within the SRES® demographic
- Moving On Booklet – designed to help guide consumers through the complex issues they may encounter during the real estate process
- SRES® PowerPoint Presentations – great for members to use for senior seminars
- SRES® Community – a members-only online networking community
- SRES® Designation Facebook App – allows you to showcase your designation to prospective clients on Facebook
The GRI Designation: A Mark of Professionalism & Competitive Edge
Today’s real estate business is more dynamic and demands constant attention to trends and developments—new technology, legal and regulatory issues, and sales and marketing techniques. The Graduate, REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation gives you real-world knowledge and skills that positively affect your bottom line.
GRI Member Benefits
- Customizable marketing tools including flyers, banner ads, logos and postcards
- Referral form – a referral form for GRI designees to use when
conducting referral business
- Differentiation in member search at REALTOR.org and realtor.com®
- Elective credit for ABR®, CIPS, CRB and CRS designations
- No annual dues (provided you remain an active member in good
standing with NAR)
GRI: Graduate Realtor® Institute – THE Designation for Higher Learning (Finance)
Class: GRI 1: Finance
Date(s): October 22-23 and 26-27
Time: 8:15 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: HAR Montgomey County
Cost: $295 for members • $325 for non-members
Addtl: * In order to earn the GRI designation, the GRI1, GRI2 and GRI3 must be taken. These courses can be taken in an order. Each GRI is approved for 9 hours of MCE or 30 hours of SAE. (Provider Number 0001)