International buyers are considering Texas for their next real estate purchase. If you are interested in learning more, 2023 HAR Global Day is fast approaching. Consider these points taken from the Executive Summary of the Texas REALTORS® International Homebuyers’ Report, 2022 edition:
- The Lone Star State ranked third in the nation, behind Florida and California, for homes sold to international buyers.
- Thirty-one percent of international homebuyers in Texas came from the Latin America/Caribbean region, and 27% originated from Europe.
- Texas was the top destination for international homebuyers from Mexico. Of all homebuyers from Mexico purchasing a home in the U.S., 22% bought a home in Texas.
- Among buyers from Columbia, 11% chose Texas.
- Among buyers from India, 7% chose Texas.
- On the commercial real estate side, Texas was second only to Florida for the most popular U.S. state for international buyers who work with Realtors®, according to the 2022 Commercial Real Estate International Business Trends report from the National Association of Realtors®.
What does this information mean to you?
If you are interested in the growing global real estate market in the Greater Houston region, register HERE for the 2023 HAR Global Day on Weds., May 24, which is approved for 6 hours of CE credits.
Cost is $49 and includes 6 hours of CE credits, lunch and an after-hours reception.
The class will feature:
- Dr. Daniel Oney, Research Economist, Texas Real Estate Research Center at Texas A&M University, will present the changing demographics and overall economy of our state and Greater Houston area region
- A drill down of the recent HAR Global Member Survey as well as the latest edition Texas Realtor® International Homebuyers report
- What the new HAR Global Information Exchange is and how to subscribe and input your global listings
- The Do’s and Don’ts for listing abroad
- Using Social Media to increase your global reach
- How to work with inbound clients from Canada and Mexico
- What you need to know about immigration policy and home sales in 2023
- What the CIPS designation can do for your real estate business
- Learn about the NAR Global Ambassador program and hear from three Global Ambassadors that are members of HAR
- Attend the complimentary after-hours reception at McCormick & Schmick’s in Uptown Park