The agendas for the following City Council and Commissioners Courts for this week are being sent to you as a service of the HAR Governmental Affairs department. These include: Pasadena City Council, Pearland City Council, Fort Bend County Commissioners Court, Missouri City City Council, Sugar Land City Council, Harris County Commissioners Court, Houston City Council, Montgomery County Commissioners Court, Conroe City Council and The Woodlands Township Board of Directors. If there is an agenda item you would like us to monitor, please let us know by contacting Mary Hinojosa at email@example.com. The following agenda items may be of interest to you:
Pasadena City Council – No Meeting
Pearland City Council – Regular Meeting – Monday, June 27 at 6:30 p.m. (link to full agenda)
The Mayor will be presenting the following: 1. Reception for Re-Elected Councilmember Tony Carbone Position No. 1, Councilmember Greg Hill Position No.5, and Newly Elected Trent Perez Councilmember Position No.6.
VI. CONSENT AGENDA:
B.Consideration and Possible Action – Second and Final Reading of Ordinance No. 2000M-147 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Pearland, Texas, amending Ordinance No. 2000M, the zoning map of the City of Pearland, Texas, for the purpose of changing the classification of certain property being 2.0885 acres of land, Lot One (1), Section Twenty-four (24) in the H.T. & B.R.R. Survey, Abstract No. 549, Brazoria County, Texas, described in recorded deed Volume 923, Page 175, Brazoria County Instrument No. 2012055307, Brazoria County, Texas. (7006 Bailey Road, Pearland, TX.) Zone Change Application No. ZONE 16-00001, A request of Somarajan Nair, applicant; on behalf of Texas Global Investment, owner; for approval of a change in zoning from the Suburban Development (SD) zoning district to a General Business (GB) zoning district; on approximately 2.0885 acres of land; providing for an amendment of the zoning district map; containing a savings clause, a severability clause, and an effective date and other provisions related to the subject.
VII. NEW BUSINESS:
- Consideration and Possible Action – First Reading of Ordinance No. 1527 – An Ordinance Authorizing Issuance of City Of Pearland, Texas, Water and Sewer System Revenue Bonds, Series 2016b; Prescribing the terms Thereof; providing for the payment thereof; awarding the sale thereof; making other provisions regarding such bonds and matters incident thereto.
- Consideration and Possible Action – First Reading of Ordinance No. 1528 – An Ordinance Authorizing Issuance of City Of Pearland, Texas, Water and Sewer System Revenue Bonds, Series 2016c; Prescribing the terms thereof; Providing for the payment thereof; awarding the sale thereof; making other provisions regarding such bonds and matters incident thereto.
Fort Bend County Commissioners Court – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 28 at 1 p.m. (link to full agenda)
5. PUBLIC HEARINGS: 1 p.m.:
A. Engineering: Conduct Public Hearings and take all appropriate action on the following matters:
- Acceptance of the revised traffic control plan for Sienna Village of Anderson Springs, Sec. 21 for the addition of “No Parking” signs on Ledger Lane and Patterson Drive, Precinct 2.
- Acceptance of the traffic control plan for Creekstone Village at Riverstone, Sec. 8 and Pecan Ridge at Riverstone, Precinct 4.
- Acceptance of the traffic control plan for Aliana, Sec. 27, Precinct 4.
- Acceptance of the traffic control plan for Aliana, Sec. 54, Precinct 4.
22. COUNTY JUDGE:
A. Take all appropriate action to extend the Local Disaster Declaration Order through July 26, 2016.
B. Take all appropriate action to waive any and all County-imposed fees for required permits to repair residential properties damaged during the April and May 2016 flooding events.
Missouri City City Council – No Meeting
Sugar Land City Council – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 28 at 5:30 p.m. (link to full agenda)
I. ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS
A. SECOND CONSIDERATION: Consideration of and action on CITY OF SUGAR LAND ORDINANCE NO. 2058 AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF SUGAR LAND, TEXAS, AMENDING CHAPTER 2 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES TO PROVIDE FOR AN INCREASE IN THE TAX EXEMPTION ON A RESIDENCE HOMESTEAD AND ESTABLISHING AN EFFECTIVE DATE. Ms. Jennifer Brown, Director of Finance.
A. Review of and discussion on results of the schematic design and site layout for the Public Safety Training Facility. Mr. Chris Steubing, City Engineer.
B. Review of and discussion on the preliminary evaluation results for the Police Department and Municipal Court building expansion options. Ms. Jessie Li, Assistant City Engineer.
D. Review of and discussion on 2015 and 2016 Memorial Day Rain events. Mr. Shashi Kumar, Senior Engineer.
Houston City Council – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 28 at 1:30 p.m. and Wednesday, June 29 at 9 a.m. (link to full agenda)
- 9 A. M. – Pursuant to Section 370.002 of the Texas Local Government Code, City Council will conduct a public hearing regarding the Juvenile Curfew Ordinance (Ch. 28, Art. V, City of Houston Code of Ordinances) to determine whether the Juvenile Curfew Ordinance should be continued. The Local Government Code requires City Council to conduct public hearings every three years to review and take action to continue the Juvenile Curfew Ordinance. Copies of the Curfew Ordinance and data provided by the Houston Police Department are available for inspection in the Office of the City Secretary. To reserve time to appear and testify call the Office of the City Secretary (832) 393-1100 prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Alternatively, written comments may be submitted to the Office of the City Secretary.
MISCELLANEOUS – NUMBER 2
- REQUEST from Mayor for confirmation of the appointment or reappointment of the following individuals to the BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE SOUTHWEST MANAGEMENT DISTRICT, for terms to expire June 1, 2019:
Position One – KENNETH LI, reappointment
Position Two – FEROZE (FRED) BHANDARA, reappointment
Position Three – DAVID PETERS, appointment
Position Four – HARRY SHANI, reappointment
Position Five – DON WANG, reappointment
ORDINANCES – NUMBERS 20 through 40
20.ORDINANCE amending CHAPTER 18 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, HOUSTON, TEXAS, relating to the contribution and solicitation of funds for election campaigns; declaring certain conduct to be unlawful and providing penalties therefor; containing findings and other provisions relating to the foregoing subject; containing a savings clause; providing for severability
MATTERS HELD – NUMBERS 42 through 44
- ORDINANCE appropriating $3,900,000.00 out of Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Affordable Housing Fund and authorizing its use for the payment of Affordable Housing Project delivery costs and administrative expenses associated with carrying out certain State and Federal Grant Programs
TAGGED BY COUNCIL MEMBER STARDIG
This was Item 20 on Agenda of June 22, 2016
- ORDINANCE approving and authorizing substantial amendments to the Neighborhood Stabilization Program NSP1 and NSP3 Grant Applications/Budgets, authorized pursuant to City of Houston Ordinance Nos. 2008-1051, as amended, and 2011-134, as amended, respectively DISTRICTS B – DAVIS; D – BOYKINS; F – LE; H – CISNEROS; I – GALLEGOS and K – GREEN
TAGGED BY COUNCIL MEMBER GREEN
This was Item 21 on Agenda of June 22, 2016
Harris County Commissioners Court – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 28 at 9 a.m. (link to full agenda)
9 a.m. Consideration of capital improvements for Harris County, Harris County Flood Control District, Harris County Hospital District, and Port of Houston Authority of Harris County.
- Public Infrastructure
a. County Engineer
3. Right of Way
a. Recommendation that the court authorize the Flood Control District to acquire a tract for the Hughes Stormwater Detention Basin Acquisition project in Precinct 1, a decree of public necessity and convenience, and that appropriate officials take necessary actions to complete the transactions (UPIN 130900A504R1).
e. Recommendation that the court approve certain projects and acquisition of specific properties on behalf of the Flood Control District for:
- 16 tracts for the 2016 Tax Day Flood Buyout project in Precincts 3 and 4 (UPIN 170900Z1H059).
- Two tracts for the county-wide general acquisition project in Precinct 4 (UPIN 080900Z1H042).
20. Commissioners Court
d. Commissioner, Precinct 3
3. Request for approval of an affidavit and a petition from residents of Canyon Village at Cypress Springs Subdivision regarding posting of signs prohibiting overnight parking of commercial motor vehicles.
III. Public Hearings Request by Community Services for a public hearing to consider creating a reinvestment zone for the purpose of granting a tax abatement for Amazon.com.kydc, LLC, and Pinto Realty Development, Inc., for construction of a fulfillment center with warehouse and distribution space in the Pinto Business Park at 563 North Sam Houston Parkway West in Precinct 4.
Montgomery County Commissioners Court – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 28 at 9:30 a.m. (link to full agenda)
G. COMMISSIONERS – COUNTY ENGINEER
c. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF PINEHURST DTP ADDITION.
d. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF MAGNOLIA CIRCLE RETAIL CENTER.
c. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF ALLEGRO AT HARMONY SEC 2 AMENDING PLAT NO 1.
d. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF THE WOODLANDS VILLAGE OF STERLING RIDGE SECTION 100.
d. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF TAVOLA RECREATION CENTER.
e. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF DEERWOOD SECTION SIX.
f. CONSIDER AND APPROVE THE FINAL PLAT OF TAVOLA, SECTION 10.
J. COUNTY JUDGE
- ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THE MONTGOMERY CENTRAL APPRAISAL DISTRICT’S 2017 PROPOSED OPERATING BUDGET.
A. DISCUSS, CONSIDER, AND APPROVE GIVING DEPUTY EMC DARREN HESS THE AUTHORITY TO PURSUE ANY AND ALL PAPERWORK IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR FEMA PUBLIC ASSISTANCE FOR THE APRIL AND MAY SEVERE WEATHER EVENTS (DR-4269) AND AUTHORIZE JUDGE DOYAL TO SIGN ANY DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE SAME. FURTHERMORE, PLEASE NAME A FUNDING SOURCE FOR ANY EXPENSES THAT ARE DEEMED INELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT AND/OR REQUIRED MATCHING FUNDS.
B. DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND APPROVE GIVING DEPUTY EMC DARREN HESS THE AUTHORITY TO PURSUE ANY AND ALL PAPERWORK IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR FEMA PUBLIC ASSISTANCE FOR THE MAY SEVERE WEATHER EVENT DR-4272 AND AUTHORIZE JUDGE DOYAL TO SIGN ANY DOCUMENTS RELATED TO THE SAME. FURTHERMORE, PLEASE NAME A FUNDING SOURCE FOR ANY EXPENSES THAT ARE DEEMED INELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT AND/OR REQUIRE MATCHING FUNDS.
D. DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND APPROVE ENACTING THE HGAC CONTRACT WITH TETRA TECH TO BEGIN CONDUCTING SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE ASSESSMENTS ON RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES FLOODED DURING THE 2016 FLOOD DISASTERS. PLEASE APPROVE CONTRACT NOT TO EXCEED $150,000.00 AND NAME FUNDING SOURCE.
A. PRECINCT 2
- CONSIDER AND APPROVE PARTIAL REVISION TO PART OF LOTS 2, 3 AND 4 OF HOLLY ACRES, TO BE KNOWN AS PINEHURST DTP ADDITION.
- CONSIDER AND APPROVE ORDER ABANDONING COUNTY ROAD RIGHT OF WAY KNOWN AS KUYKENDAHL COURT.
B. PRECINCT 3
- CONSIDER AND APPROVE ORDER ABANDONING COUNTY ROAD RIGHT OF WAY KNOWN AS CARDINAL OAKS LANE.
C. PRECINCT 4
- CONSIDER AND APPROVE PARTIAL REPLAT OF LOTS 32, 33, 34 AND 35 AND RESERVE “A” OF GLENEAGLES SECTION 3, TO BE KNOWN AS MONTGOMERY COUNTY M.U.D. NO. 15 WATER PLANT NO. 2.
Conroe City Council – No Meeting
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors – No Meeting