The 2014 Texas Primary Elections are right around the corner, and The REALTOR® Party wants you to be informed when going to the polls. Primary Elections in Texas are where the action is, and turning out is the best way for us to make the Texas REALTOR® voice heard.
Information to Know
- Early Voting: Tuesday, February 18 through Friday, February 28. You may vote at any polling location in your county.
- Primary Election Day: Tuesday, March 4, 2014. You can only vote at the voting precinct assigned to you.
Visit www.votetexas.gov/voting/where to find out more about your Early Voting and Election Day polling locations.
Houston Association of REALTORS® and Texas Association of REALTORS® Recommend
the Following Candidates Running for Texas Senate and House of Representatives
The following candidates were chosen based on their alignment and support of REALTOR® Party issues, such as: tax on professional services and real estate transactions, Texas Windstorm Insurance Association reform, protecting private property rights and state infrastructure improvement.
Supported Candidates Running in *Open Seats
- Senate District 7: Paul Bettencourt (R)
- House District 15: Bruce Tough (R)
- House District 16: No recommendation at this time
- House District 23: Bob Senter (R)
- House District 129: Dennis Paul (R)
- House District 132: Ann Hodge (R)
Supported **Friendly Incumbents with Primary Opposition
- Senate District 15: John Whitmire (D)
- Senate District 17: Joan Huffman (R)
- House District 18: John Otto (R)
- House District 134: Sarah Davis (R)
- House District 150: Debbie Riddle (R)
Please note these are ONLY the candidates who have Primary opposition – General Election candidates with opposition will be featured at a later date. At time of publication, HAR had not made recommendations for County Commissioner races or Congressional District 36 race. Those recommendations will be featured in our March magazine.
* Open Seat: Means the current office holder is not running again
** Friendly Incumbents: Means the office holder is a friend to the REALTOR® Party issues and always has an open door policy for REALTORS® and HAR/TAR staff