It’s been more than a year since we’ve introduced the “Coming Soon” status to assist members in complying with NAR’s Clear Cooperation policy requirements.
Based on member feedback the MLS Advisory Group has approved the following changes to improve user experience:
- “Coming Soon” listings added to HAR.com agent mobile app – CS are only displayed to MLS subscribers and may be shared with your customers and clients via the app. Consumers do not see Coming Soon listings when searching HAR.com.
- “Coming Soon” listings automatically go to “Active” instead of “Withdrawn” after 21 days. – This change will fix an issue related to a Matrix DOM miscalculation when listings go from Coming Soon to Withdrawn and then to Active.
- “Coming Soon” time limit raised from 14 to 21 days – This change will provide additional time for sellers with extensive repairs who are not ready to go Active within 14 days. If the property is not ready after 21 days it may be placed in Withdrawn status once it goes to Active status. If a property is available to be shown it should be in Active status.
The Matrix “Coming Soon” status is for use when a listing is under a valid listing agreement but not yet ready for showings or marketing to consumers on HAR.com (repairs, photos, staging, etc.).
- Listings can stay in “Coming Soon” for up to 21 days and may be made Active by the listing agent at any time during those 21 days.
- The listing will automatically go to “Active” status if the listing agent does not make it Active within 21 days.
- Showings are NOT allowed while in the “Coming Soon” status; if it’s ready to show it should be in Active status.
- “Coming Soon” listings are NOT displayed on HAR.com or sent to other portals.
- You may place a “Coming Soon” sign on the property if it is listed in Matrix as either Coming Soon or Active within one business day. (NAR MLS Policy 8.0 requirement)
- Days on Market (DOM) does not count or accumulate during “Coming Soon” status.
- “Coming Soon” listings are available to MLS subscribers in Matrix search and emails and on the HAR.com agent app.
- Photos are not required but can be added to “Coming Soon” listings.
- Before you can save a listing as “Coming Soon” you must first fill in all required fields and save the listings as “Incomplete”.