An updated version of the Seller’s Disclosure Notice (TXR 1406 09-01-19) has been issued, as has the Texas Real Estate Commission’s version of the form to add items legislatively required.
Things you need to know:
- The new disclosure has been loaded in to our forms libraries for voluntary use. Mandatory use is September 1, 2019.
- Changes to the form are primarily to add extensive information about floods and flooding.
- All new listings will use the new disclosure immediately as the previous version has been removed from our libraries
- All contracts with an effective date of 9/1/19, or after, must have the new version of the Seller’s Disclosure Notice accompany the signed contract.
- Listing Agents are strongly encouraged to begin the process of updating existing listing agreements as soon as possible to have sellers complete the new disclosure form, obtain signatures, update to Matrix and remove the prior version.
For more information about these changes and to see red lined version of the new form, click HERE.