HAR’s Commercial Divisions is working with the Bisnow media group to promote and host an event on June 5 that outlines the state of the Houston market. The program will begin with a keynote interview of both Welcome Wilson, Sr. and Jr. discussing the early days of Houston’s real estate. Next, looking to the future of Houston, a market evaluation and 5-year vision will be the topic for a panel discussion with the following real estate professionals:
- Larry Johnson – Johnson Development, Founder, Chairman & CEO
- Andrew Lusk – Lionstone Investments, Head of Acquisitions
- Simmi Jaggi – JLL, Senior Vice President
- Darrell Betts – Avison Young, Principal, Capital Markets Group
The unavoidable topic when discussing Houston’s future is flooding. Mayor Sylvester Turner has taken a new, aggressive stance on flood regulations, and a new proposal requiring stricter building regulations was voted into effect in April. While many agree taking preventative measures are a necessary step forward, developers worry about increasing building costs that could push out and re-shape Houston’s development landscape. Many Houstonians are also worried about the structural integrity of the Addicks and Barker dams because a failure of either dam would be catastrophic for large portions of Houston. This program includes Houston’s most knowledgeable engineers, developers, and city officials for a panel discussion titled Winning the War on Stormwater. Panelists include:
- Jeff Lindner – Harris County Flood Control District, Director Hydrologic Operations Division/Meteorologist
- Andy Icken – City of Houston, Chief Development Officer
- Charlie Penland – Walter P Moore, Senior Principal & Director of Civil Engineering
- Stephen Costello – City of Houston, Chief Resilience Officer
- John Blount – Harris County Engineering Department, County Engineer
The panel will be moderated by Steve Albert, Principal of Sherwood Design Engineers.
Houston Sate of the Market 2018
Tuesday, June 5 at 7:30 AM
The Westin Memorial City
945 Gessner Road
Houston, Texas 77024
Ballroom: Wisteria Ballroom, 3rd Floor
Register Today at https://www.bisnow.com/events/houston.
Use Promocode CommercialGateway50 for a 50% discount on registration.