The agendas for the following City Council and Commissioners Courts for this week are being sent to you as a service of the HAR Governmental Affairs department. These include: Pasadena City Council, Pearland City Council, Fort Bend County Commissioners Court, Missouri City City Council, Sugar Land City Council, Harris County Commissioners Court, Houston City Council, Montgomery County Commissioners Court, Conroe City Council and The Woodlands Township Board of Directors. If there is an agenda item you would like us to monitor, please let us know by contacting Mary Hinojosa at email@example.com. The following agenda items may be of interest to you:
Pasadena City Council – No Meeting
Pearland City Council – Regular Meeting – Monday, July 11 at 6:30 p.m. (link to full agenda)
- CITIZEN COMMENTS: In order to hear all citizen comments at a reasonable hour, the City Council requests that speakers respect the three-minute time limit for individual comments and the five-minute time limit for an individual speaking on behalf of a group. This is not a question-answer session, however, it is an opportunity to voice your thoughts with City Council.
PUBLIC HEARING: A docketed Public Hearing in accordance with 24 CFR 91.105 (Citizen Participation) of the Code of Federal Regulations for the City of Pearland’s Program Year 2016, Fiscal Year 2017, Community Development Block Grant Program Annual Allocation; providing an opportunity for citizen participation and public involvement.
VII. NEW BUSINESS:
- Consideration and Possible Action – Election of a Mayor Pro-Tem.
- Consideration and Possible Action – First Reading of Ordinance No. 2000M- 149 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Pearland, Texas, amending Ordinance No. 2000M, the zoning map of the City of Pearland, Texas, for the purpose of changing the classification of certain property being a tract of land containing 4.1919 acres of land out of Lot Forty-One (41), Section 25, H.T. & B. R.R .Company Survey, Abstract 245, Brazoria County, Texas, and being designated on the Block Books of Brazoria County, Texas of Section 25 and being a part of the same land described in Deed from C. W. Boots, et. ux. to Joe H. Reeder, by Deed dated June 22, 1959, recorded in Volume 744, Page 457, Deed Records, Brazoria County, Texas, Less, Save and Except a 20.00 foot strip along the North side reserved in Deed recorded in Volume 116, Page 581, Deed Records, Brazoria County, Texas, and lying in the road. (Located at 5134 Bailey Road) Zone Change Application No. ZONE 16-00005, a request of Beverly Childs, owner/applicant; for approval of a change in zoning from the Suburban Development (SD) zoning district to the Office & Professional (OP) zoning district; on approximately 4.1919 acres of land; providing for an amendment of the zoning district map; containing a savings clause, a severability clause, and an effective date and other provisions related to the subject.
- Consideration and Possible Action – First Reading of Ordinance No. 1517- 1 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Pearland, Texas, amending the 2015 Comprehensive Plan to include the SH 35 Redevelopment Plan and act as a guide for regulating land use within the incorporated limits of Pearland; containing a savings clause, a severability clause and a repealer clause; and providing an effective date.
NEW BUSINESS CONTINUED: 15. Consideration and Possible Action – Regarding Economic Development Negotiations.
Fort Bend County Commissioners Court – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, July 12 at 1 p.m. (link to full agenda)
- PUBLIC HEARINGS: 1 p.m.: Conduct Public Hearings and take all appropriate action on the following matters:
- Acceptance of the traffic control plan for Bonbrook Plantation North, Sec. 10, Precinct 1.
- Acceptance of the traffic control plan for Aliana, Sec. 49, Precinct 4.
- Replat: Waterside Development Partial Replat No. 2, Precinct 4.
- OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT:
Take all appropriate action on update to the Fort Bend County Emergency Operations Plan, Annex P, Hazard Mitigation.
Missouri City City Council – No Meeting
Sugar Land City Council – No Meeting
Houston City Council – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, July 12 at 1:30 p.m. and Wednesday, July 13 at 9 a.m. (link to full agenda)
ORDINANCES – NUMBERS 4 through 12
- ORDINANCE approving and authorizing Loan Agreement between the City of Houston and TEJANO CENTER FOR COMMUNITY CONCERNS, INC to provide $3,500,000.00 of Federal “HOME” Funds to assist with site acquisition and construction of Sunrise Orchard, a 52 unit Affordable Housing Community for Youth in the vicinity of 5300 Sunrise Road in Houston, Texas
- ORDINANCE approving and authorizing Loan Agreement between the City of Houston and HOUSTON ESPERANZA to provide $4,000,000.00 of Federal “HOME” Funds to assist with acquisition and development of Paddock at Sunnyside, a 216 unit Affordable Housing Community for Seniors in the vicinity of 4410 Reed Road in Houston, Texas
- ORDINANCE approving and authorizing HARRIS COUNTY to improve portions of five streets in the City of Houston, Texas – DISTRICTS B – DAVIS; D – BOYKINS; H – CISNEROS and K – GREEN
Harris County Commissioners Court – No Meeting
Montgomery County Commissioners Court – Regular Meeting – Tuesday, July 12 at 9:30 a.m. (link to full agenda)
- Consent Agenda
- CONSIDER AND APPROVE A JOINT ELECTION AGREEMENT BETWEEN MONTGOMERY COUNTY AND VARIOUS POLITICAL ENTITIES FOR THE NOVEMBER 8, 2016 ELECTION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SHARING POLLING LOCATIONS, VOTING EQUIPMENT, AND ELECTION OFFICIALS AND THE RELATED COSTS.
- COUNTY JUDGE
- TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO APPOINT MIKE MEADOR AS COUNTY JUDGE PRO TEMPORE PURSUANT TO CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS PLAN PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED.
- PUBLIC HEARING
- PRECINCT 3
- CONSIDER AND APPROVE ESTABLISHING “NO PARKING, NO STOPPING, NO STANDING” “MONDAY-FRIDAY 7:15 A.M. – 9:00 A.M. AND 3:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.” ON BOTH SIDES OF WATERBEND COVE BETWEEN BIRNHAM WOODS DRIVE AND WEST BENDERS LANDING BOULEVARD.
Conroe City Council – Wednesday, July 13 at 2 p.m. and Thursday, July 14 at 6 p.m. (link to full agenda)
- Assignment of Sterling Place Public Improvement District Development Agreement rights and obligations to successor developer.
- Workshop Approve MCECD (911) annual budget. P. Virgadamo
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors – No Meeting