The Texas Real Estate Commission Wants to Hear From You…
There are several issues that will be discussed about which some of our brokers have expressed great concern and that will be potentially very costly to each real estate licensee in the state. The HAR Board of Directors will likely be considering an official position on the proposed advertising rule changes, so please look for further information in upcoming editions of the Five Minute REALTOR®, The Edge and other HAR communications. We encourage each of you to become educate on the issues and come to this meeting to voice your concerns.
March 22, 2016 at 10 a.m.
HAR Central and HAR Montgomery County
(*additional sites may be available)
Reserve a seat and earn CE credit: www.har.com/edu
*If your office would like to via video conference please contact the HAR Professional Development Department at (713) 629-1900 ext. 263 or Rita@har.com for more information.
The Texas Real Estate Commission and the Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board are pleased to announce their biennial strategic planning listening tour. License holders and the public are invited to participate in the agency’s preparation of its 2017-2021 Strategic Plan by offering input at one of the following sessions:
The purpose of these meetings will be to help guide the Commission and Board members during the strategic planning process. The questions listed below will act as a guideline for discussion for this year’s tour. These discussions are meant to be an open forum to gain insight on the needs and preferences of license holders and the public.
In addition to the questions below, the Commission would like to hear license holder feedback on changes to its current advertising rule. Please give us your thoughts on the draft new advertisement rule. Your input will be considered by the Commission’s Executive Committee prior to proposal of a new advertisement rule.
If you are unable to attend, feel free to submit your comments via our online survey. Log on to http://www.trec.texas.gov/agencyinfo/survey/strategicplancomments.asp Your responses are vital to this process.
TREC/TALCB Listening Tour Questions for Discussion
Questions about other RE related service providers and their regulators (e.g. lenders, title/escrow):
What do we need to know about the work of other Real Estate service providers that affects TREC and our license holders?
Are there areas of synergy with other Texas agencies that we can leverage to better serve Texas consumers?
Are there current or pending regulations or policies that we could work with other agencies to influence?
How can we work together to ensure consumers of real estate related services are better informed?
Questions about the competence of real estate related license holders:
- Any suggestions for enhancing the qualifications and ethical practices of real estate license holders?
- How can we make current advertising rules simpler for license holders and more effective for consumers?
- Any suggestions for how to ensure new license holders make fewer mistakes or rule violations?
- How can we enhance formal competence training of agents so consumers are better served?
- Is there a need for advanced training of service providers for commercial and other specialty or complex areas?
- With specialty or complex transactions, is there a need for disclosure to customer or clients of specialized education or experience?
Questions about our agency’s operations:
- Any areas of our current operations where you see that we can improve? Any areas we are missing and should consider?
- Is our agency website easy to search to find relevant information? Is the information accurate?
- What do you think this agency should be doing for Texas consumers of real estate related services that we are not currently doing?
Questions about other service providers that this agency regulates or for which we have overlapping jurisdiction:
- What is your perception of and experience with real estate or home inspectors?
- What is your perception of and experience with real property appraisers?
- What is your perception of and experience with real property tax consultants?
- What is your perception of and experience with tax appraisal district officials?
- What is your perception of and experience with home warranty products or providers?
- What is your perception of and experience with easement/right of way agents?