The 17th Annual South Texas College of Law’s Commercial Real Estate Course is a “must-attend” event for real estate brokers who practice in any segment of the real estate industry. Expert speakers on all facets of commercial real estate highlight the course scheduled for October 28-29 at the downtown campus. The two-day course offers a wide variety of programs covering the status of the various commercial markets and the state of today’s economy. The programs provide attendees with 17 MCE credit hours (pending approval) and practical tips and tools to ensure ethical and successful negotiations.
Attendees will hear from numerous commercial real estate industry experts:
- Dr. Mark Dotzour – Chief Economist and Director of Research for the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University
- Jack Steele – Executive Director, Houston-Galveston Area Council
- Dr. Harold Hunt – Research Economist for the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University in College Station
- Ginger Goodin – Senior Research Engineer for the Texas A&M Transportation Institute
- Larry Nettles – Partner, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Reid Wilson – Managing Shareholder, Wilson, Cribbs & Goren
- Matt Festa – Professor of Law, South Texas College of Law
- Patrick Walsh – Director of Houston’s Planning and Development department
Key panels on Land, Energy, and New Development as well as several practical sessions about using (and not using) technology round out the packed agenda. A Networking Reception honoring Patrick Walsh, director of Houston’s Planning and Development Department, will be held at the end of Day 1 at which attendees and speakers can meet and mingle.
- $225 – Commercial Gateway members or members of another Patron or Sponsor Organization
- $150 – Brokers/Agents Licensed Less Than 5 Years
- $285 – General Admission for Brokers/Agents (Non-Lawyer)
- $375 – All Attorneys
- $75 Full-time Active Texas Court Judges
- Law Students – registration fee waived. Course materials may be purchased for $25.
Conducted in conjunction with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University, the Commercial Real Estate Course provides 17 MCE hours required by TREC as well as TREC-mandated legal and ethics courses (pending approval).
To register online, visit www.commgate.com and click on our “Upcoming Events” tab or visit www.stcl.edu and click on “Continuing Legal Education” and then “Live Courses” under the Quick Links section.