The Houston/Gulf Coast CCIM Chapter has recognized six chapter members who recently earned the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation from the CCIM Institute, one of the leading commercial real estate associations in the world.
Awarded the designation at the Institute’s recent business meetings were:
• Tri Dinh-Minh Nguyen, CCIM is a broker associate with RE/MAX United focusing on commercial transactions. Prior to joining RE/MAX in 2011, he was the founder and chairman of USV Limited, a privately owned company providing consulting services to foreign companies doing business in Vietnam. He has assisted many international companies to complete the complex and legal issues required to work in the Vietnamese market. He is also a founding member of a company which built a 1,100-unit apartment project in Ha Dong, Vietnam. Born in Vietnam, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from South Eastern Oklahoma State University and a Chemical Engineering degree from the University of Houston. He also previously worked for Shell Research and Development in Houston.
• Eric Drymalla, CCIM, is responsible for retail leasing in Tarantino’s Houston office. His relationships with regional and national retail tenants have been instrumental in his success for Tarantino’s leasing assignments. Eric’s accomplished marketing and communications skills have contributed to a successful 15-year career in commercial real estate. Before joining Tarantino in 2006, Eric was responsible for brokerage services for the HCA medical campus. Eric has also represented both buyers and sellers in multiple sales transactions. Eric earned a Bachelor of Business in Marketing from St. Edward’s University in Austin. He also holds an active Texas Real Estate Broker’s license and is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). Professional accolades include selection as a Heavy Hitter (2010) by the Houston Business Journal and a Co-Star Power Broker (2009). Eric is also an avid cyclist, and has participated in the BP MS150 bike ride from Houston to Austin to raise funds for the treatment and prevention of multiple sclerosis.
• Paula Freeman, CCIM, is a Trust Asset Manager in the Real Estate Asset Management Division of Wells Fargo Specialized Wealth Services. Prior to joining Wells Fargo in 2006, Paula practiced law in estate planning and probate law in Houston. She earned Bachelor’s (B.S.) and Master’s (M.B.A.) degrees along with a law degree (J.D.) from Florida State University. She has also earned a Master’s in Tax Law (LL.M.) from the University of Houston. She pursued the CCIM designation to expand her commercial real estate knowledge.
• Jonathan Hicks, CCIM, is a vice president with EDGE Realty Partners. Specializing in tenant representation and land sales, he currently works with clients such as Dunkin’ Donuts, Cash America and Storage West. Prior to joining EDGE, Jonathan was a real estate consultant with Deloitte and most recently was a broker with Davis Commercial. He attended Texas A&M University, where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and a Master’s Degree in Land Economics and Real Estate. In his free time, Jonathan coaches little league baseball, volunteers on the International Committee for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and is the Houston Regional Director of the Aggie Real Estate Network.
• Trey Miller III, CCIM, is the Senior Broker at Boxer Property Management Corporation, a full-service real estate company. Trey focuses on soliciting office tenants ranging in size from 5,000 to 50,000 square feet for all Boxer buildings in the Greater Houston Area and is charged with developing marketing strategy, performing financial analysis and negotiating leases with broker represented office tenants. Since his arrival to Boxer Property in November of 2010, Trey’s efforts have produced leases totaling over 750,000 square feet at a value of over $60 million. Prior to joining Boxer Property Management Corporation, Trey worked as a Leasing Advisor with Moody Rambin Interests where he represented both landlords and tenants in office, retail and industrial transactions. He earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Government and Business from The University of Texas at Austin and a law degree from South Texas College of Law.
• Blake Willeford, CCIM, is a vice president with Grandbridge Real Estate Capital. Blake began with the company as an investment analyst in 2011 and is now responsible for sourcing new debt and equity for clients for all asset types, including multifamily, retail, office, industrial, land, and self-storage. Prior to joining Grandbridge, Blake was an analyst with a private real estate investment firm where he performed a variety of roles including financial modeling, buy and sell negotiations, acquisition due diligence, and investor relations. A native Houstonian, Blake earned his Bachelor of Arts from Trinity University in San Antonio and his Master of Business Administration from The University of Texas at Austin. He is actively involved with the Urban Land Institute and sits on the McCombs School of Business MBA Alumni Board.
The six local members were among the commercial real estate professionals who passed the CCIM Comprehensive Examination, the final component in the designation process. The CCIM designation is awarded upon successful completion of an intensive analytical curriculum of 200 classroom hours and presentation of a portfolio of qualifying experience demonstrating concept mastery through real-world success. CCIMs are recognized experts in commercial real estate brokerage, leasing, asset management, valuation, and investment analysis.
In addition, the CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter received third place in the 2013 President’s Cup award, which recognizes CCIM chapters across the nation for their achievements. Under the 2013 leadership of President A. David Schwarz IV, CCIM, the local chapter competes in the category for chapters with more than 250 members.
An affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®, the Chicago-based CCIM Institute has conferred the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation to commercial real estate and allied professionals since 1969. Visit www.ccim.com or www.ccimhouston.org for more information.