Facts and Figures
International real estate transactions as defined by NAR includes selling a home in your local market to an immigrant, leasing a commercial property to a foreign investor, assisting your local clients with the purchase of a (second) home in another country, closing a transnational referral transaction, having a transaction that contains an international client, funds, property, translation, etc.
Percent of Total U.S. International Sales by Country
MLS Area 82
Area 82 is your passport to international properties on the MLS. Currently there are over 200 global properties featured, be sure and input your international listings there too. Don’t forget you can search for a member that speaks a certain language or specializes in a specific culture through the member finder database.
HAR.com properties are translated into 6 languages:
- and Spanish
Volume of International Transactions
- 2012; this is second highest since data was collected.
- Over 6 percent of total U.S. Existing Home Sales (EHS) in dollars.
- Over 4 percent of EHS transactions.
- Buyers are upscale average price of $354K vs. U.S. average of $228K.
- Florida, California, Texas, and Arizona the leading destinations.
- Canada, China, India, Mexico and U.K. provide majority of buyers.
- Houston is No. 5 in the top 10 U.S. cities Chinese buyers are most interested in, according to Juwai.com, a website where Chinese buyers look at global real estate listings.
- Chinese buyers purchased $8.2 billion worth of U.S. property in 2012, according to Juwai.com. It ranked cities by how many searches they attracted from Chinese house hunters.
HAR Members and Affiliate Groups
HAR International is a service of the Houston Association of REALTORS®. Members pay no additional dues to belong and may attend informational seminars, educational courses. (such as the Certified International Property Specialist designation) and networking events. The HAR International mission is “Helping to increase member awareness, knowledge, and success in international real estate.”
- 6,407 multi-lingual REALTORS®
- 6,056 that specialize in another culture
- Speak 94 languages
- 111 Certified International Property Specialists (CIPS) in the Houston area
- Are featured on HAR.com
Asian American Real Estate Association or AAREA
web address: www.aareahouston.org
Real Estate Association of Latinos or REAL
Hispanic Real Estate Professionals of Houston
web address: www.realhouston.org
National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals or NAHREP Houston
web address: www.nahrephouston.wildapricot.org
Houston Real Estate Association, Inc
dba Houston Black real estate association (HBREA)
web address: www.hbreahouston.com