The GRI designation is the most widely recognized of the national real estate designations. Consisting of three courses, each is taught by experts in their respective fields. These topics include: Finance, Marketing and Brokerage. This is a great program for new members seeking SAE credit.
GRI 1: Finance
Location: HAR Bay Area
Dates: August 8-9 & 12-13
Investment for each GRI Segment: $295 for HAR members and $325 for non-members
* GRI is approved for 9 hours of MCE or 30 hours of SAE
Bring the World to YOUR Real Estate Market
International real estate opportunities are everywhere. New people move to the U.S. from other countries every day and foreign-born individuals residing in the U.S. move to new markets. Americans in your current market invest in property overseas. No matter which international audience you cater to, the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) Designation will provide you with the knowledge, research, network and tools to globalize your business.
Location: HAR Central
July 22-26 (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
* Breakfast and Lunch are included in each day
Investment: $749.00 for HAR Members • $799.00 for non-HAR members (payment plan is available – please contact the education dept. for details)
The CIPS Institute is a five-day session consisting of five classes:
- The Local Markets – This course is an analysis of the international real estate business environment, including capital flow, currencies, government regulations, and cultures. The practical aspects of international brokerage, networking, marketing and selling are discussed.
- Europe and International Real Estate – Covers the logistics of how to conduct real estate transactions with clients from the European countries.
- The Americas and International Real Estate – Practical information for professionals who work with Caribbean, North, Central and South American investors. Historical and cultural influences, regional relationship and investment opportunities are covered along with a special focus on Mexico.
- Asia/Pacific and International Real Estate – Covers the real estate practices for Asia and the Pacific. Emphasis is placed on culture influences, economic trends and assessing investment opportunities. A special chapter on working with the Japanese is included.
- Transaction Tools – Provides the tools needed to present investment information to international clients – in their currency and area. You will learn how to measure investment performance, prepare financial projections, and understand the effects of taxes and exchange rates on investments.
Leasing 101 – Understanding the Basics of Leasing
Today’s market has shown a significant increase in the number of leases. Take advantage of this opportunity by learning the basics of leases and gaining insight into all the new rules and obligations for you and your clients.
Date & Location:
- July 23 at HAR Fort Bend
- August 30 at HAR Central
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Approved for 6 hours of MCE, TREC # 06-00-033-22891. The cost for this program is $39.
Evictions – What Every REALTOR Needs to Know!
Evictions will always be a part of property management. If you own or manage just one residential rental or hundreds of residential rentals, you will need to know the steps to follow in order to have a successful eviction suit. In this course, you will learn the eviction steps to take when a tenant does not pay rent, when a tenant is holding over after a lease term, and how to file eviction suits for persons of foreclosed properties. You will also have the information needed to prepare a script for trial as an aid to properly present statements and information at an eviction hearing. The material also provides information concerning evicting tenants who are in military service, tenants who file pauper’s affidavits, and tenants and former owners residing in foreclosed properties.
Date & Location:
- July 30 at HAR Fort Bend
9 a.m.-12 p.m. (Approved for 3 hours of MCE, Provider #0001) The cost for this program is $35.
Earn Your Social Media Pro Designation with this
Intense Two-Day SMP Boot Camp!
This two-day program will take you through all of the most popular and widely used social networking platforms while explaining how to use them in your business. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging, smart phones, tablets, video, and advanced use of these tools will be covered throughout the session. A voluntary follow-up webinar is included in this program.
Location: HAR Central
Dates: August 26-27
Each day will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. and is approved for 12 hours of MCE. The cost for this program is $149. (TREC# 12-00-014-23958, Provider Number 0002)
NAR’s Green Designation is updated with the latest industry trends. The innovative three-day program will get you up to speed on the most recent advancements in the green industry and homes with green features, showing you how to leverage sustainable practices for your clients and your business. All three days are needed to complete this designation.
*Each day approved for 8 hours of MCE credit.
Location: HAR Central – 3693 Southwest Fwy. Houston, TX 77027
Dates: (Green 100 – 8/12/13) (Green 200 – 8/13/13) & ( Green 300 – 8/14/13)
Time: 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. each day
Investment: $75 for HAR members • $90 for Non-HAR Members
Attention Brokers and Office Managers:
The mandatory Broker Responsibility Course
is now being offered at HAR!
The cost for this six-hour program is only $50 and will satisfy the TREC Broker Responsibility Course requirement.
Sign up for classes TODAY! www.har.com/edu
Contact the HAR Professional Department at
(713) 629-1900 ext. 370