HAR members and consumers often wonder who is responsible for dreaming up the technology tools that drive HAR.com and make it one of the most popular real estate websites in the nation. Enter the HAR Technology Advisory Group.
The Technology Advisory Group began in 1997 as the brainchild of longtime REALTOR® and former HAR board member George Stephens. It was a bold decision to share information directly with the consumer. The group assesses and implements existing and new technologies to establish the course for HAR.com and the products and services provided to members and consumers alike. Sixteen years later, we can safely say that the results show it has been an unprecedented success.
Each year, this group carefully evaluates how HAR can better serve and engage the consumer and how can we add REALTOR® relevancy for the consumer while creating tools to help agents better serve their clients. Our goal is to be THE source buyers and sellers seek out for all their real estate information.
HAR has been blessed with amazing vision and talent beginning with HAR CEO Bob Hale, Chief Technology Officer Taqi Rizvi and a creative and enthusiastic team of REALTOR® volunteers and staff. Their collaborative approach has engineered a site that is the envy of REALTOR® associations throughout the U.S.
The Value Proposition
HAR.com is the most valuable asset for our membership. Depending on the month, HAR.com has as many as 1.8 billion hits and 1.3 million unique visitors and is a site that dominates as a destination real estate website in Houston and all of Texas. HAR.com delivers thousands of leads, millions of website referrals and tons of innovative tools to our members.
The Selection Process
Members often ask why, after signing up for the Technology Advisory Group, they do not make the cut. The process of choosing members is multi-faceted. We work hard to balance the advisory group, ensuring we have participants that represent a diversity of companies based on brand, size and location. During the selection process we ask the following questions:
- Did the applicant supply a biography?
- Did the applicant put the Technology Advisory Group as their first choice?
- Did the applicant get chosen for another advisory group?
- Does the applicant utilize the technology tools available to them?
- Does the applicant actually conducting any real estate business?
- Is the applicant a broker, manager or technology support?
- Has the applicant already served on the Technology Advisory Group for 3 consecutive years?
- Does the applicant show up and participate?
The selection process works and each year we assemble a great group of volunteers who really tackle the challenges at a deep level, allowing HAR to continue to nurture, grow and improve our ever-evolving HAR.com.
We thank all the applicants for their interest in serving on the HAR Technology Advisory Group in 2013. We were very pleased with the overwhelming response. Unfortunately, more members applied this year than we could accommodate, so we truly hope you will volunteer to serve your association in the future.
We welcome the following members to the
2013 HAR Technology Advisory Group:
• Amber Carrillo, Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate
• Amy Smythe-Harris, Urban Provision
• Anees Tobaccowala, Heritage Texas Properties – Post Oak Park
• Beth Lovell, RE/MAX Legends
• Bill Jones, Heritage Texas Properties – Post Oak Park
• Christi Borden, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Gary Greene – Katy
• Diana Ayers, Ayers & Associates
• Dianne Moore, United Real Estate
• Faye Paynter, The Reyna Realty Group
• James Lawson, Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
• James Noel, Greenwood King Properties – Kirby Office
• Jason Muse, RE/MAX Realty Center
• Megan Becerra, Real Living Houston Home Sales
• Michael Mengden, Terra Residential Services, Inc.
• Michael Roddy, RE/MAX Memorial Town & Country
• Michelle Hatmaker, Real Living The Hatmaker Group
• Mimi Ortiz, Vonnie Cobb Realtors
• Pamela Efferson, Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
• Paul Silverman, Martha Turner Properties
• Ryan Bokro, RE/MAX Northwest
• Scott Mendell, Prudential Anderson Properties
• Shane Kidwell, Martha Turner Properties
• Stacy Sutter, Keller Williams Premier Realty
• Thai Klam, RE/MAX 360
• Veronica Mullenix, Veronica Mullenix Real Estate Group
• Vickey Wachtel, Imagine Realty International
• Ward Arendt, Marilyn Arendt Properties