In its ongoing mission to bring technological innovation to members to enhance their productivity, the Houston Association of REALTORS® is in the initial stages of introducing a transaction management system that has freed REALTORS® across Arizona f
rom the traditional paper-based transaction process with excellent results. The system will be called HAR-ETS (Electronic Transaction Solution) and it is designed as a platform consisting of HAR’s MLS system, electronic signatures and transaction management that will be powered by SureClose®.
HAR is partnering with PropertyInfo Corporation and SureClose® to provide this new electronic transaction solution platform as the latest MLS subscriber benefit. The system was recently adopted by the Arizona Association of REALTORS®, whose brokers have given it rave reviews.
SureClose® is an online system that digitally stores an agent’s correspondence, personal notes, documents and completed tasks for each property listing he or she manages. This information is securely stored and accessible anytime and anywhere through an authorized log-in.
Houston real estate brokerages will enjoy many benefits from the implementation of HAR-ETS. These include:
• Lower operating costs
• Risk reduction and potential savings on Errors & Omissions in insurance premiums
• Ability to standardize internal processes
• Secure centralized storage of all documents
• Reduced document storage costs
• Faster transaction processing
• Improved customer service via online 24/7 status updates
• Enhanced ability to work off-site, anywhere Internet access is available
• Eliminate phone calls for basic information
• Organized filing of documents
• Fewer missed deadlines and overdue activities
• Proper documentation of activities within the transaction to reduce the potential for liability
“HAR-ETS is a natural evolution in the ever-expanding suite of services that HAR provides MLS subscribers to ensure they have all the tools they need to succeed in business,” said HAR President and CEO Bob Hale.
“After thoroughly evaluating a variety of transaction management systems, we concluded that SureClose® had the strongest track record of success of any platform out there,” said Margie Dorrance, chair of the Houston REALTORS® Information Service. “We believe that HAR’s MLS subscribers will immediately realize the advantages of HAR-ETS and will be eager to wean themselves off the cumbersome and inefficient paper-based method of handling transactions.”
HAR-ETS, powered by SureClose®, will be available later this fall. Look for updates about its roll-out on HAR Connect and in future editions of Houston REALTOR® magazine. To learn more about HAR-ETS, contact René Galvan at email@example.com or 713.629.1900 ext. 299.