This is the final report in a series of three articles about The BIG e, HAR’s newest member conference slated for October 13, 2011. The BIG e was created from a desire to deliver the best HAR member educational and networking experience possible.
“If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.” B.C. Forbes
So you’re a card-carrying REALTOR®, you have a few designations and you conduct enough transactions a year to make a comfortable living. But do you have a plan on where to take your business from here? Are you constantly pushing yourself to keep up with consumers and meet their demands?
Questions to see if you are ready for 2012 and beyond might include:
• How are consumers finding you in today’s crazy, technology focused world?
• How can you brand yourself to stand out above the rest?
• What trends do you need to know about today’s empowered consumer?
• Are you a good negotiator?
• Do you have a video, or two or three?
• Are you Search Engine Optimized?
• Do you have the top 10 real estate apps on your smart phone? You do have a smart phone don’t you?
• What sites do consumers search for real estate?
• A picture is worth a thousand words. How does photography sell a property?
• The ratings game: are you in yet?
• Do you have a good (online) reputation?
• What do millennials want from their REALTOR®?
• Are you a micro local expert?
The BIG e, set for Thursday, October 13 at the Norris Conference Center, will offer REALTORS® access to national experts to engage, educate and evolve their business and consumer attitudes. The event website is now live at www.har.com/thebige. There you can learn about the schedule, speaker sessions, location, pricing tiers and more. Be sure and keep up with the latest BIG e news on twitter at #HARTHEBIGE as well as the HAR page on FaceBook and Linked In.
CMP Director of Meetings HAR