Speakers representing many aspects of commercial real estate will contribute their expertise to South Texas College of Law’s 13th Annual Commercial Real Estate Course scheduled for October 7-8. The program will cover current conditions in the various commercial markets as well as the state of today’s real estate economy. Attendees will be qualified to receive the full 2-year MCE requirement, including all TREC-mandated courses.
Presentations include a mock lease negotiation along with panel discussions and keynote speakers providing insights into many of today’s most important topics, such as distressed properties, REITs and capital markets. The program provides attendees with practical tips and tools to ensure ethical and successful negotiations.
Members of Commercial Gateway receive a discounted registration since HAR’s Commercial Division is a lead sponsor of the program. Key community leaders, such as Harris County Judge Ed Emmett; Andy Icken, Houston’s new chief development officer; and George Greanias, the new Metro general manager, are among the keynote speakers as program participants. Attendees are invited to meet the speakers at the Commercial Gateway-sponsored reception following Thursday’s sessions. Dr. Mark Dotzour, chief economist with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University, wraps up the second day on Friday with a closing outlook on the Texas economy.
Conducted in conjunction with the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University, the Commercial Real Estate Course provides 15 MCE hours required by TREC as well as TREC-mandated legal and ethics courses. It is also accredited by the State Bar of Texas for 15.25 MCLE hours, including 3.0 hours of legal ethics. To register online, visit www.commgate.com and look for the link on our front page.
Overview of the Topics to be Covered:
Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010:
- Registration & Breakfast then Program Begins – 8 a.m.
- TREC Law Course Parts 1 & 2
- Successful & Ethical Negotiations
- Capital is King – The Capital Markets Panel Discussion
- Hot Environmental Liability Topics
- State of the County – Ed Emmet, Harris County Judge
- Market Update Panel Discussion
- Metro & The Hempstead Highway – George Grenias, METRO CEO
- Adjourn to Reception hosted by Commercial Gateway
Friday, Oct. 8, 2010:
- Distressed Properties
- Mock Office Leasing Negotiations
- Texas Demographic Trends
- More TREC Law & Ethics
- Working with the City – Andy Icken, Office of the Mayor
- Where is the Quality Data? – Sam Scott
- REIT Issues and Trends Panel Discussion
- The Texas Economy, 2010 – Mark Dotzour, Ph.D.
South Texas College of Law (Garrett-Townes Hall)
1303 San Jacinto