CCIM’s Interest-based Negotiation Model will get you through your most challenging transactions. Use these proven strategies to get you out of the “high/low game” and other tactics that can often derail a successful transaction.
Interest-based negotiation is a three-step process that brings discipline to your negotiation strategies. It involves identifying:
1. What parties are involved in the negotiation and what they are seeking
2. What we can do to get the other parties what they need, so that we can get what we want
3. What happens if there is no agreement?
Through an interactive case study format and role-play, you will learn to:
- Satisfy the interests of parties involved in the negotiation (without sacrificing yours)
- Develop strategies for identifying and addressing challenges in a principled, transparent manner
- Maintain a collaborative approach to negotiations
- Effectively communicate the consequences of not reaching an agreement
The instructor, Barbara M. Bushnell, CCIM, has been working in real estate since 1979 and is currently a Vice President in the office group of Grubb & Ellis in San Antonio. Prior to moving to San Antonio in 2011, Bushnell served as Executive Vice President of Corporate Services and Client Development for Corporate Realty Associates based in Birmingham, Alabama. She is recognized as a specialist in the office market offering development and facilities management services as well as representing an impressive list of clients (both owners and users of office properties) and the sales and leasing of investment properties. She has experience in Class A office development and property management and is consistently a market leader in office lease transactions.
The course will be presented Friday, September 7, from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Four Oaks Conference Center at 1330 Post Oak, 1st floor auditorium. The cost of the program is $185 for CCIM Gulf Coast chapter members and $225 for non-members. Registrations received after August 24 add $20.
To register, visit https://ccimhouston.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.