- Site Selection magazine has ranked Houston as the No. 1 metropolitan area in the U.S. for corporate facility expansions and relocations in 2011.
- Local experts, including Craig Richard, chief economic development officer with the Greater Houston Partnership (GHP), say the ranking could lead to even more regional economic development.
- Last year, the GHP counted 195 relocations and expansions in the 10-county Houston region. Out of these relocations and expansions, the 34 that GHP helped to coordinate created more than 4,720 jobs.
- Site Selection magazine ranked Houston as the No. 2 area in the U.S. for expansions and relocations in 2010. This year, Houston beat out the former No. 1 competitor, Chicago.
- To qualify in the expansion and relocation category, all facilities must be at least 20,000 square feet, have a capital investment of at least $1 million and create at least 50 new jobs.
- For more information about the ranking, please see http://bit.ly/zN9sjz.