The Houston Association of REALTORS® is making headlines! Here’s a look at some of the media coverage our organization has received over the past few weeks.
HAR’s MLS Update for July 2010, reporting on declining sales volume and a two-year high in average price following expiration of the homebuyer tax credit, generated coverage from mid- to late August in the following media outlets:
- Examiner Newspapers
- Houston Business Journal (online and print editions)
- Houston Chronicle (online and print editions as well as Prime Property real estate blog)
- Houston Community Newspapers
- KHOU-TV (11 News)
- KPRC-TV (News 2 Houston)
- KTRK-TV (13 Eyewitness News)
- KUHF (Houston Public Radio)
- HAR provided property sales data and facilitated an interview with Chair of the Board Margie Dorrance for a Fort Bend Sun article that published on September 1 with the headline, “Local home market still thriving,” about positive home sales trends in Fort Bend County.
- HAR Chief Technology Officer Taqi Rizvi was a guest on Shad Bogany’s “The Real Estate Corner” show on KCOH Radio (1430 AM) on August 31. Taqi discussed and answered listener phone calls about the growing suite of consumer tools on HAR.com.
- HAR assisted KPRC-TV (News 2 Houston) reporter Hasti Taghi with her August 25 story about a prevailing sense of optimism among Houston business owners and consumers despite the recent decline in home sales.
- FOX 26 reporter Ned Hibberd interviewed HAR Chair Margie Dorrance for his August 24 update about the Houston housing market. Margie explained that while Houston’s real estate business is healthier than most markets around the country, stability in local employment is critical to keeping conditions healthy.
- HAR facilitated a live morning roundtable discussion on August 24 for KTRH Radio (740 AM) with Board members Christi Borden and Kenya Burrell-VanWormer about curb appeal and other important measures to consider in order to make a listed home as marketable as possible.
These stories and more are chronicled in the HAR Online Newsroom at www.har.com/newsroom.